Extended Visualization Objects - The Drawing2 Module
The ILNumerics.Toolboxes.Drawing2 implements several new objects for higher level plotting and visualization purposes:
- Bar Plots - any kind of bar plot you may possibly need, even colormapped bars
- Spline Plots - smooth line plots with automatic spline interpolation
- Fast Surfaces - ILSurface is nice but if it is too slow: try this one!
- Fill Area Plots - fills areas above or below a given line
- Error Bar Plots - show variability of data
- Candlestick Chart - display price movements
- Box Plots - sometimes refered to as 'box-and-whisker plot' is used in statistics
- Stacked Area Plot - displays the total of multiple data series
- Shapefile Reader - converts Shapefiles into cell arrays, Available from Release 4.12
- Region Plot - visualizes borders of regions, Available from Release 4.12
Details are found in the following articles. See a preview of what you can expect:
ILNumerics.Toolboxes.Drawing2 implements all kinds of sophisticated bar plots.
A simple spline line does not require any overhead to get up and running. It is able to adjust the resolution for the spline interpolation automatically.